Diploma in Information Technology
The Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) encompasses a thorough grounding in the fundamental skills as well as providing a theoretical understanding which is vital for an Information Technology Industry. This course has been designed to fulfill all levels of the Information Technology requirements of students and practitioners in the area. It helps to self development and improves their performances at their organizations. Applicants who successfully complete 12 month taught courses and project work are eligible to receive the Diploma in Information Technology.
- To enhance basic computer skills
- To provide the proficiency in computer office applications
- To improve the knowledge of online communication and information searching through the web
- enhance the career prospects of the school leavers
- To develop the job security of the employees
- To extend the services of the University to the community
The participants, after completing this course will be able to
- Develop a firm grounding in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Equipped for faster, more effective computer work in the office or at home.
- Select an appropriate ICT related field for further studies.
- Use ICT tools with due respect to ethical and social norms
- Promote career prospects.
The duration of the course will be 12 months.
24 April 2022 ( 11th Intake)
- Passed the G.C.E. (O/L) examination with Credit pass for English and Mathematics Or
- Passed the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in any subject stream Or
- Certificate in Computer Applications & Skills (CCAS) or Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)- Wayamba University of Sri Lanka Or
- Qualifications other than those listed above may be acceptable case by case to the Board of Study & the Senate. On acceptance of the Board of Study, a person shall forthwith register as a DIT student of the University upon payment of prescribed registration and other fees.
Note: Those who are registered in any University as an internal students are also eligible to apply for DIT
Application and selection process
- Through paper advertisement.
- Applicants are short listed on educational qualifications and age. Only a selected number of applicants are called for the placement test / interview.
- A placement test or interview will be held to select potential applicants and to classify them into appropriate groups according to their performance at the test / interview
|Course Code||Subject Area|
|DIT 01||Concepts of IT|
|DIT 02||Office Applications|
|DIT 03||Database Management|
|DIT 04||Information Systems|
|DIT 05||Internet, email and Internet Communication|
|DIT 06||Ecommerce Application|
|DIT 07||Computer Security essential, Ethics and Computer Management|
|DIT 08||Web Development|
|DIT 09||Computer Networking|
|DIT 10||Introduction to Programming|
|DIT 11||Rapid Application Development using VB.Net|
|DIT 12||Project Analysis & Design|
|DIT 13||Software Project Development|
Prof. WJSK Weerakkody – Course Director
Dr. HACK Jayathilake– Course Coordinator
Dr. WKGKS Weerasinghe
Mr. WD Samanwickrama
Mr. KLJ Lasantha
Mr. CP Herath
Mr. HWH Premachandra
Mr. WMDS Ekanayake
Mr. GWDD Fonseka
Download ~~ Application | Course Handbook | Bylaws