ICT Center, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka,
Makandura, Gonawila (60170).
HACK Jayathilake graduated from the University of Peradeniya with a B.Sc. honors degree in year 2002. He obtained his Masters degree in Information Technology from Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology in year 2007. He completed his PhD in Agribusiness & Information Technology in 2017 at Wayamba University of Sri Lanka. He joined the Wayamba University of Sri Lanka in 2010.
Internet Society- Sri Lanka Chapter (Member)
APAN Agriculture Working Group (Member)
eLearning, ICT for Development (ICT4D), Inclusive innovations, ICT4AD, Web Technologies.
The Best Presenter – “Entrepreneurship & Extension” session of the Postgraduate Institute of Agriculture Congress (28th PGIA Annual Congress) at the University of Peradeniya, 2016.
The Best Presenter – Seminar Presentation of the Certificate Course on Staff Development 2007/2008 at the Staff Development Center, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka.
- H. A Chandana K. Jayathilake (2008), Engage Students Effectively in the Lecture Hall, In U. Jayasinghe and A. Jayaweera (Eds.), Effective Teaching Through Innovative Techniques: Selected Topics (pp. 62-73). Staff Development Center, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka (2008).
Refereed Journal Papers
- Jayathilake, H. A. C. K., U. K. Jayasinghe-Mudalige, L. D. R. D. Perera, G. A. Gow and N. Waidyanatha (2017) “Fostering Technology Stewardship Approach to Promote Knowledge Sharing among Farming Communities in Sri Lanka” Tropical Agricultural Research, 28 (3): 238 – 246
- Jayathilake, H. A. C. K., U. K. Jayasinghe-Mudalige, L. D. R. D. Perera, G. A. Gow and N. Waidyanatha (2017) “Converging free and open source software tools for knowledge sharing in smallholder agricultural communities in Sri Lanka” Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development (JAEID), 111(2), 351-359.
- Jayathilake, H. A. C. K., U. K. Jayasinghe-Mudalige, L. D. R. D. Perera, G. A. Gow and N. Waidyanatha, “Converging Free and Open Source Software Tools for Knowledge Sharing in Subsistence Agricultural Communities: Success Story from Sri Lanka”, 4th International Conference on Exploring Leadership and Learning Theories in Asia (ELLTA 2017), Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 25- 27 July 2017, 38-39pp
- Jayathilake, H. A. C. K., U. K. Jayasinghe-Mudalige, L. D. R. D. Perera and G. A. Gow, “Use of Information Communication Technologies for Knowledge Sharing in Agriculture: Exploring the Case of Commercial Agricultural Producers in Sri Lanka”, Wayamba University Research Congress (WURC – 2016), Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Kuliyapitiya, 30 March 2016
- Gow, G. N. Waidyanatha, C. Jayathilake, H. Hambly Odame, T. Barlott (2015). “Supporting Effective Use through a Technology Stewardship Model: Preliminary Findings from a Sri Lanka/Canada Partnership Development Project”. Partnership for Progress on the Digital Divide 2015 International Conference, 21-22 October 2015, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona, USA.
- Nuwan Waidyanatha, Gordon A. Gow, Chandana Jayathilake and Timothy Barlott (2015), “Technology Stewardship, Text Messaging, and Collaboration in Agricultural Work: Preliminary Results from an Action Research Study in Sri Lanka”, CSCW’15 Companion Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference Companion on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing, 203-206