Dr. Kanchana Weerasinghe graduated from the University of Peradeniya with a BSc. honors degree in year 2000. She earned her MSc degree in Information Systems from the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka in year 2009. In year 2010, she was awarded the ‘Mississippi State University Full Assistantship’ to complete her doctoral degree and in year 2014 she was awarded her PhD from the Mississippi State University, United States of America. Her area of specialization is Information Systems and ICT use in teaching and learning.
Currently she is the coordinator of the Diploma in Information Technology program, conducted by the ICT center, WUSL, Makandura.
Mississippi State University Full Assistantship Award in the year 2010.
Information Systems, ICT and Agriculture, ICT and education
Database Management Systems, Management Information Systems, Decision Support Systems
Selected Research Publications:
- Weerasinghe W.K.G.K.S. and U. K. Jayasinghe-Mudalige, (2009), “Digital Divide in the Corporate Tea Sector in Sri Lanka: An Empirical Investigation”, Journal of Food & Agriculture, 2 (1).
- Weerasinge, K. S., Richard al. Harkess, and Andy D. Perkins. 2014. Development of an interactive online database for teaching plant materials. Wayamba International Conference (WinC), August 29–30, 2014, Kuliyapitiya, NWP, Sri Lanka.
- Tamer Aldwairi, Lifang Yan, Kanchana Weerasinghe, and Andy D. Perkins. Comparison of miRNA Target Prediction Algorithms Using Computational Methods. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 2012.
Books and Books Chapters
- Weerasinghe, W.K.G.K.S. (2010). Impact of Conventional and Innovative Assessment on Teaching and Learning. In U. Jayasinghe and A. Jayaweera (Eds.), Improving Teaching in Higher Education Through Effective Assessment (pp.1-17). Staff Development Center, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka (2008).
- W.J.S.K. Weerakkody and W.K.G.K.S. Weerasinghe (2008) Management Information Systems and e Commerce, self learning guide to the External Degree Programme on Plantation Management, Faculty of Agriculture and Plantation Management, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Makandura, Gonawila, Sri Lanka.