Certificate in Computer Applications and Skills
Certificate in Computer Applications and Skills (CCAS) programme has been designed to increase the efficiency of the activities of office environment as document preparation, communication and information exchange. This course provides participants with an understanding of the fundamentals of ICT and hands-on experience in office management software. This course is also prepare the students to assume their place in the demanding Information Technology industry. Download the Application
- To enhance basic computer skills
- To provide the proficiency in computer office applications
- To improve the knowledge of on line communication and information searching through the web
- enhance the career prospects of the school leavers
- To develop the job security of the employees
- To extend the services of the University to the community
The participants, after completing this course will be able to
- to create, edit, revise, store, and print documents such as letters, memos, reports, and manuscripts
- to calculate, create graphs and charts on an electronic environment
- to make presentation using a computer.
- to create database and handle the data efficiently, correctly and on time.
- to work in network environment.
- work in electronic communication system
The duration of the course will be 6 months.
05 October 2019 ( 11th Intake)
- Passed the G.C.E. (O/L) examination with Ordinary pass for English and Mathematics Or
- Passed the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in any subject stream
Note: Those who are registered in any University as an internal students are also eligible to apply for CCAS
Application and selection process
- Through paper advertisement.
- Applicants are short listed on educational qualifications and age. Only a selected number of applicants are called for the placement test / interview.
- A placement test or interview will be held to select potential applicants and to classify them into appropriate groups according to their performance at the test / interview
Download ~~ Application | Course Handbook | Bylaws | Poster